- How do I submit an application?
Please click here for information regarding Submission of a Grant Application.
- Can I attach a document?
No. Our online grants submission process does not support uploading attachments.
- I saved my grant request as a draft and now I can't find my login information.
Can Sigma-Tau retrieve it?
Email your request to Grants@sigmatau.com and we will determine if your information can be retrieved.
- I saved my grant request as a draft, but my program date is now less than the
6-week requirement. Can I still submit this request?
No. The minimum amount of time Sigma-Tau requires to review and process a grant is 6 weeks.
- I saved my grant request and now I cannot retrieve it.
All draft requests will be deleted from the system if they are not submitted within 30 days. You will need to submit a new request.
- How do I edit or update my grant application after I have submitted it?
In general, you cannot update or edit a grant application once it has been submitted. You will be notified if more information is required. If you have submitted a request in error, please notify Grants@sigmatau.com.
- How long will I be able to access my saved draft request?
Any draft request that is not submitted within 30 days will be deleted.
- How long will it take to receive a decision regarding my request?
You will generally be notified of the decision regarding a grant application within 6 weeks from submission.
- What is the review and decision process for determining whether or not Sigma-Tau
will fund a grant request?
The Sigma-Tau Grant Review Committee (GRC) meets regularly to review all grant requests. Grants will be awarded at the sole discretion of the GRC based on relative merit and conformity with the criteria and standards established by Sigma-Tau’s policy.
- How will I be contacted regarding the review and processing of my grant?
All contact is made via email to the address entered into the "Applicant Information" section of the submission form.
- Why didn't I receive the email notification from Sigma-Tau?
It is possible that the email from Sigma-Tau was mistakenly filtered by your company's or provider's SPAM filter. Please check to ensure that this is not the case. Also check to ensure that email did not go to the junk folder. If you still cannot find it, please send a request to Grants@sigmatau.com with your grant ID number.
- If my application is declined, may I appeal/resubmit the decision?
No. Your request was reviewed and evaluated on its own merit relative to other grant requests and all decisions are final. Many more requests for educational grants are received than can be funded. We regret that we cannot accommodate every request.
- How will I receive the Sigma-Tau Letter of Agreement (LOA)?
The agreement will be sent to you via email. You are required to print and sign two (2) copies of the agreement and return both with ORIGINAL signatures, along with a current W-9, at least 21 days prior to the program start date. You will receive a fully executed agreement for your files.
- Who should sign the Sigma-Tau Letter of Agreement (LOA)?
Agreements should only be signed by persons authorized by the company/institution/organization to enter into contractual agreements on their behalf. The LOA must be signed by all parties.
- How soon will I receive an executed agreement back from Sigma-Tau?
Once Sigma-Tau receives the original, signed agreements, it may take up to 2 weeks to obtain the required signatures and return the signed document.
- Will Sigma-Tau sign an institution's agreement or other documentation?
No. Sigma-Tau requires that its agreement be executed for any grant funded. Only one agreement may be in place for any one program/grant. The Sigma-Tau agreement meets ACCME standards.
- May I make changes to the Sigma-Tau Letter of Agreement (LOA)?
No. Changes to the LOA are not permitted.
- How soon will I receive funding?
It can take 2-4 weeks after the Letter of Agreement is fully executed.
- Is a reconciliation required if all the grant funds were spent exactly as stated
in the application?
Yes. A reconciliation is required for all grants over $5000. Failure to submit a reconciliation within 90 days of the program end date generally results in denial of future funding.
- May Sigma-Tau personnel, Marketing personnel or Medical Liaison provide technical
assistance with a grant application?
Sigma-Tau personnel or marketing personnel may never assist in any aspect of a grant request; a Medical Science Liaison may provide limited technical assistance.
- I lost the W-9 Sigma-Tau sent to me; how do I obtain another?
Send your request to Grants@sigmatau.com.
- What are the ideal System Requirements for interfacing with the Sigma-Tau grants
website and application?
The recommended System Requirements for best viewing/functioning of the site are: